1. Overview of Hon Gai seafood market
Location: Cao Xanh ward, Ha Long city, Quang Ninh province (about 3-4 km from the old location)
Hours of operation: 3am – 9pm
Hon Gai Seafood Market (Ha Long Early Fish Market) is a unique and traditional wholesale market, once located in Hon Gai ward (Moved to Cao Xanh ward to ensure hygiene in September). 2020) – The economic, political, social and cultural center of Ho Chi Minh City. In Ha Long, there are many famous attractions such as: Quang Ninh Museum, Hon Gai church, Bai Tho Mountain… Each place has its own beauty and meaning, contributing to creating a poetic Hon Gai. less mystical.
Hon Gai Seafood Market is a stop not to be missed when visiting Quang Ninh in general and visiting Ha Long Bay in particular. The market is located right by Hon Gai harbor, right below Bai Tho mountain. This market has a long history and possesses the inherent beauty of the past, even preserved until now.
2. What’s interesting about Hon Gai seafood market?
2.1 Visit the traditional market in Quang Ninh
Hon Gai Market is famous and the second largest in Ha Long city as well as in Quang Ninh province. The market is also known as Ha Long early fish market because the markets only take place in the early morning. This place is known to many people as a place to trade and trade in many seafood products, caught by skilled fishermen the night before. Therefore, the seafood at Hon Gai seafood market is always as fresh as when living in the sea.
Hon Gai seafood market started operating very early, right before dawn was also the time when fishing boats began to flock together to dock. On board the boat at this time are boxes filled with countless kinds of fresh seafood and squid, shrimp, and fish carried by fishermen from under the boat to the shore for sale.
The whole market was filled with laughter and bustle from traders and fishermen buying and selling seafood. If you go to Hon Gai seafood market at the time of operation, you will have the opportunity to watch the seafood loads go up and down slowly from under the boat and are placed on the adjacent cargo truck, arranged along a long line. right on the harbour. All create an extremely lively and bustling space as a whole, and at the same time show a life full of positive energy of people and this land.
Hon Gai seafood market operates from very early to serve traders to wholesalers, coming to Hon Gai seafood market at this time is also considered a new and memorable experience that you should try. From 7-9 am onwards, people and tourists come to buy retail. It is also the busiest and most crowded time of Hon Gai seafood market. Crowds of people are choosing fresh seafood and the whole hour of bidding, the betting period is extremely noisy.
The most special feature of Hon Gai seafood market is its location right next to the harbor, after the night fishing, customers can choose right at the boat. Most of the tourists coming here want to feel the atmosphere of the traditional seafood market, then choose the best quality seafood to bring back as gifts to their loved ones after their trip. In addition, they like Hon Gai seafood market because the prices of the products here are reasonable, without any intermediaries, so they are sold at the best original price for both buyers and sellers, only ½ – 1/ 3 price compared to buy elsewhere.
2.2 What to buy when going to Hon Gai seafood market?
Hon Gai Seafood Market specializes in selling mainly seafood from shrimp, fish, squid, octopus, scallops, snails, crabs, crabs… the best quality, extremely fresh, affordable, and affordable. However, the most famous specialty in this market is loved by many people, choosing to buy more than the traditional hand pounded squid cake of Ha Long.
Since the main material is cuttlefish weighing around 1 kg, which is caught fresh and intact, all the preliminary and processing steps of Ha Long squid are done in front of the eyes of the buyer, so the quality of the dish is special. The product is always guaranteed, without worrying about food safety or any other harmful chemicals in the squid.
3. Shopping experience at Hon Gai seafood market
Coming to Hon Gai seafood market, surrounded by countless “strange and delicious goods” and you are confused because you don’t know how to choose, then join MIA.vn to learn some shopping experiences when stopping at the seafood market. Hon Gai products.
– Should learn about Hon Gai seafood market in advance to avoid the wrong place or too far from the market area. Plan a reasonable time to go to the market so as not to affect the schedule
– Seafood depending on demand is also divided into type 1, type 2, type 3, you can consider buying the most appropriate type.
– You should ask the price before buying (seafood, specialties…) or walk around the stalls to check the price, because Hon Gai seafood market has an extremely large space. Not to mention the price of each item is not the same, so it is inevitable that the price is expensive – cheap. Not to mention some stalls may quote a little price difference, so please bargain wisely to agree to buy and sell
– Do not send items to the store after buying: There are quite a lot of tourists who often save time and effort by sending items to the owner until they come back to pick up. This inadvertently causes many misunderstandings between both shippers and buyers. In order to avoid unwanted incidents, you should still take the initiative to “take” the item back after paying all of it
– Should be equipped with sports shoes to move comfortably, most conveniently because with such a large area, you will still spend a lot of time walking around the market and choosing products.
– If you have small children with you, you need to look after them carefully because they will easily get lost in crowded places like Hon Gai seafood market.